Makeup & Styling By Habitual She
Photographed by Andrew Arceri.
The cordobes hat style is a traditional hat made in Córdoba, Spain and worn in Andalusia majorly during their April Festival. In the Spanish-speaking world outside of Andalusia, the term can simply mean ‘wide-brimmed hat’. The traditional color is black, though other common colors are red, grey, sea green, and navy blue. Drawings as early as the 17th century show laborers in Córdoba, Spain wearing this sort of hat. Because of the hats wide brim, it works great by keeping the sun out of the eyes and off of the head. The style became more widespread in the late 19th and early 20th century. Modern day versions of this hat can be found in a variety of materials such as straw, felt, and leather. Read on for details where you can purchase your own cordobes hat to pair with your outfits and swimwear this summer.
FIND YOUR CORDOBES HAT:
- THE ONE I'M WEARING- You can locate at Wyeth, in 'Natural Straw.'
- A CLASSY VERSION- You can locate at Net-A-Porter, in mint straw with black and white grosgrain.
- A TRADITIONAL BLACK- You can locate at Need Supply Co., in black felted wool.
- TOP- Urban Outfitters Winona Ruffle Off-The-Shoulder in white.
- JEANS- Madewell High-Rise Skinny Jeans.
- BELT- Urban Outfitters Metal Tipped Leather Belt in black.
- SILK BANDANA- Italian silk, vintage. Find a similar one here. Color: 'True Black.'
Comment below, your favorite summer hat styles!